Nobody can predict the future, however by following trends, we can navigate the direction in which we’re heading. Trends are dictated by a wide range of economic and political factors, and often they are propelled by innovations. The newest technological trends owe themselves to necessary innovations in the healthcare industry, spurred by the Covid-19 pandemic.
With the Covid-19 pandemic revealing the gaps and inefficiencies of healthcare systems around the world, the newest developments in healthcare technologies are suddenly getting a lot more attention. This is useful, because the executives who are often hesitant in changing long-standing healthcare practices must revaluate and evolve in order to provide the most effective treatment plans for their patients.
There are a few trends that many in the healthcare industry have already begun integrating or are looking to integrate in the near future:
Electronic Health Records (EHR) are important to integrate into your telemedicine app. This allows patients and healthcare providers to see patient medical records in the app. Interactive Voice Response (IVR) is useful for the app to convey messages to patients through digital speech. Google fit and Apple integration also present valuable opportunities for permitting the app to access existing health information available on a patient’s smartphone. Cloud-based server solutions are also critical for all of the above processes to function.
2. Using Artificial Intelligence to Fight COVID-19:
To predict the risk of the disease becoming a pandemic, the following threat vectors are analyzed:
- The capacity of health systems
- Vaccine development
- Insect and animal populations
- Global and regional climate conditions
- Flight data and itineraries worldwide
Artificial intelligence and machine learning empower advancements that humans would not be able to accomplish otherwise. The precision, proficiency, and speed of these developments cannot be accomplished with human work alone.
There are three specific ways artificial intelligence has helped in curbing the spread of SARS-CoV-2:
- Thermal Screening- According to the FDA, non-contact infrared thermometers and other sorts of thermal screening systems use a variety of methods to determine the temperature of objects like humans. AI can rapidly analyze through many people at once to identify people with high temperatures.
- Facial Recognition With Masks- Deep learning systems in facial recognition technology have improved enough that they can classify individuals with masks with an accuracy of up to 95%. This will be particularly useful whenever gatherings of people are allowed to attend events in public where masks are required.
- CT Scan Analysis- Human error is a problem in CT scan analysis. Artificial intelligence can detect pneumonia caused by COVID-19 in chest CT scans via multinational training data for machine learning.
3. Internet of Medical Things (IoMT):
The Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) is the connected infrastructure of software applications and medical devices that can connect to healthcare information technology systems using networking technologies. With access to real-time health monitoring and patient data, the Internet of Medical Things (IoMT) applications aims to unlock new dimensions of patient care. The information collected through this software is very valuable for healthcare stakeholders as it helps improve patient’s experience, allowing healthcare providers to make improvements and increase revenue opportunities.
4. Wearable Technology:
Wearable devices track an extraordinary amount of information about their users, data that could change the way we understand patients. The potential for wearable devices in healthcare is yet to be completely explored. Wearable devices, connected to healthcare tech systems by the IoT, could provide immediate updates on physical health metrics, like blood pressure, heart rate, and sleep habits regularly without the need for expensive multi-day observations. Doctors could focus on preventive rather than curative measures, and patients could be empowered with unparalleled knowledge of their health.
Blockchain is a trend that stands to massively improve the healthcare industry in the coming years. Digital ledgers can allow healthcare providers to distribute transaction records to patients securely and will significantly improve data security. Blockchain’s peer-to-peer system allows large numbers of users to securely have access to a common ledger. Thanks to blockchain, there is no need for a basis of an established financial relationship. As healthcare technology continues to improve, portability, security, and accessibility are all desired objectives that blockchain can help complete alongside other trends like IoMT and cloud computing.
6. Virtual Reality (VR):
Patients and doctors can use VR to see what’s going on, whether surgeons are using it for a non-invasive process, or patients want a virtual escape while they’re recovering from surgery in a hospital bed.
VR is also working towards making surgery and post-operation recovery less painful for patients. By using VR treatments, patients in recovery or patients dealing with chronic illness can use VR as a therapeutic tool in order to cope or distract themselves using relaxing imagery.
Due to Covid-19, the emphasis of tech in healthcare is only going to grow. With the pandemic shifting this trend, healthcare organizations can look forward to a landscape filled with effective solutions using healthcare software development. Software development solutions cannot just make life easier for the healthcare staff, but it can also save patients’ lives.
Looking to hire reliable healthcare software developers? Get in touch with Dash Technologies today for solutions to your organizational needs.
We’re technology experts with a passion for bringing concepts to life. By leveraging a unique, consultative process and an agile development approach, we translate business challenges into technology solutions.
- App Development (18)
- Application Modernization (1)
- AR/VR (4)
- Artificial Intelligence (47)
- AWS (1)
- Block Chain (4)
- Digital Marketing (3)
- Dot Net (3)
- E-commerce (1)
- Enterprise Mobility (6)
- Healthcare (24)
- Internet of Things (8)
- Machine Learning (18)
- Magento (3)
- Manufacturing (6)
- Medical Device (9)
- Mobile App Development (32)
- Real Estate (4)
- Retail (5)
- RPA (2)
- Software Development (10)
- Startup Dash (5)
- Technology (19)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Web App Development (3)
- World (1)
- Best Approaches to Modernize Legacy Applications in 2023
- Flutter and Firebase – A Helpful Blend for Your Business App
- Machine Learning vs. AI – Analysis, Overview & Comparison
- The potential of Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare Industry
- The Important Features Of Blockchain Technology
- How Technology Transforms Real Estate to Cope Up with Trends
- How to Integrate Firebase Crashlytics in Flutter: In-depth Guide
- Swift vs. Flutter: Which is Best for iOS App Development in 2022?
- Business Intelligence App Development: Benefits to Optimize Modern Businesses
- Things to Consider While Choosing a Software Development Team