There’s no doubt that the manufacturing sector is leading the way in the application of artificial intelligence technology. From making the most of available time to improving the design of products, manufacturers are applying AI-powered analytics to data to improve productivity, product quality, and the safety of employees.
How will AI Have an Impact on Manufacturing?
The manufacturing industry has consistently been open to adopting new technologies. Remarkably, drones and industrial robots have been a part of the manufacturing industry since the 1960s, and advancements in technology have been at the forefront of each industrial revolution.
With the adoption of AI, companies can keep inventories lean and reduce overall cost. The good news for manufacturing is that as a result of the adoption of AI, there is high probability the manufacturing industry will experience exponential growth. In order to do so, companies in the manufacturing industry will need to gear up networked factories where supply chain, design team, production line, and quality control are vastly integrated into an intelligent engine that provides actionable insights.
What’s Driving the Urgency to Adopt AI?
There are a number of driving factors that add to the urgency of adopting artificial intelligence. A few of the main reasons that the manufacturing industry is shifting its attention to AI:
- Automating the process of finding cost savings
- Shortening production times
- Increased need for customized goods
- Managing high revenue instability
- Adapting to evolving compliance standards
Since the beginning of the Fourth Industrial Revolution (or Industry 4.0), automation of traditional manufacturing processes using machine-to-machine (M2M) and the internet of things (IoT) has increasingly become the norm. With manufacturing consistently evolving, the urgency to adapt has been fuelled like never before.
How Can AI Help Manufacturing?
What does the Future Look Like for Manufacturing?
The future of manufacturing looks promising. With the abundance of solutions making the development process easier on manufacturers, there are many AI-integrated advancements that will provide solutions for the issues manufacturers face today. The capabilities of AI integrations include:
- The ability for machines to detect defects throughout the production process.
- The ability to deploy predictive maintenance to reduce downtime.
- Respond to real-time changes in demand across the supply chain.
- Validate whether intricate goods, like microchips, have been produced without error.
- Reduce costs of small-batch or single-run goods, enabling greater customization.
- Improve employee satisfaction by shifting routine tasks to machines.
For years, robotics, advanced analytics, and automation have been a major part of the manufacturing industry. The growing scale of adoption of AI in manufacturing seems more like an evolution, rather than an industry interruption. New and emerging technologies are already here and more massive implementation is a matter of time.
To get the most out of an artificial intelligence solution, manufacturers need to know which AI solution is best suited for their own unique sets of challenges.
At Dash Technologies, we make sure our clients get the artificial intelligence solutions they need. To see how Dash can help you with your AI development integration, check out the services we can offer your business: https://dashtechinc.com/artificial-intelligence-services/
We’re technology experts with a passion for bringing concepts to life. By leveraging a unique, consultative process and an agile development approach, we translate business challenges into technology solutions.
- Future of AIOps: How will IT Operations Evolve in the Future?
- How is AI in Education Revolutionizing the Education Industry?
- Software Life Cycle Management for Medical Devices
- Machine Learning In Retail: Applications, Benefits, Use Case Explained
- All You Need to Know about Machine, Its Use Cases, Industries and Beyond