Lucas and Tanner, having design and conceptualization knowledge but a lack of technical expertise, ran into a few challenges when first developing the Totem app. These challenges included:
- Creating an initial logo.
- Building a UI/UX design and framework.
- Developing functions for Totem that heavily invested in user experience.
To address these challenges, the partners reached out to mobile app development companies across the United States. After interviewing over 15 companies and a handful of freelancers, they eventually chose Dash Technologies as their mobile app development partner.
“Ever since the initial interview with Mark [Wallinger], we felt at home with Dash. We felt like we made the right decision and have been pretty happy ever since.” – Lucas Yeager, Cofounder of Totem
Since Lucas and Tanner had already developed a target audience profile, they were able to work collaboratively with Dash to build a mobile app geared toward future users of the Totem app.
Solutions provided by Dash:
- A hybrid application that could work cross-functionally across multiple platforms.
- A social media application integrated with Spotify API.
- A secure and organized location for concert and live music moments.
Totem is the first app of its kind. Developed for live music and concert lovers by live music and concert lovers, Totem combines the communicative elements of a social media platform and the collectiveness of a niche community to create an entirely new, fun-loving environment.