- Finding ways to set up patient vitals and pre-surgery steps as soon as the patient arrived in the OR.
- Tracking a patient’s surgery and anesthesia time without the need for a manual process.
- Ensuring all medical staff went through the mandatory surgery checklist without the need for manual human recollection, which sometimes results in errors.
- Being able to switch visuals at a moment’s notice to make the best surgical decisions possible.
- Removing the time wastage of having to restart and reboot equipment inside of the Operating Room manually.
Using agile methodology and a series of sprints, including 50 Columbus-based developers led by CEO/CTO Shani Bhavsar, Dash used weekly meetings to touch base with subject matter experts. Additionally, the team leveraged the large Dash offshore team of developers/programmers
/engineers to deliver more than just a product: it delivered a unique process that fit the client.
It was key. The client would bring regular OR experts into the mix weekly, which had to give input that was vital to every step of every operation. Dash had to incorporate the workflow of the operations, plus add data at every step, to produce something unique.
Then, Dash had to overlay the AI layer, put it through training, and “teach” it what data to collect to achieve the goal. Dash experts also added Machine Learning, which is the study of algorithms that improve through experience and could be “grown and extended” to build upon every interaction in the OR lab. Finally, Data Science, to “extract knowledge” from that data.