- The pandemic completely changed the way Americans shop, and many of those changes are expected to continue in 2022.
- The retail industry will continue to be influenced by automation technology and social media trends.
- More stores will offer personal shopping services, and social media influencers will continue to be prominent.
As the demand for faster, convenient, and personalized shopping has increased, smart technologies, such as AI/ML, AR/VR, IoT are significantly gaining momentum in the retail sector. Technology trends are not limited to just retail, but across all the major industries, like manufacturing, education, entertainment, and healthcare ().
This article will introduce some of the top retail technology trends that will impact the retail sector at large, though most other industries will have their impacts. A skilled custom app development company can address most of these trends to help you have the edge over your competitors.
Trend 1: PoS Systems
Whether it is shopping mall, restaurants, or other retail stores, integrating online and offline transactions, such as PoS system is must. People are tech-savvy and they use plastic money, wallet and other online transactions for shopping. It has been around tech arena for decades and is going to last longer. Not many companies could withstand the shift in focus toward digital retail possibilities. A unified and integrated approach that combines with other technologies used by the company could be the key to embracing new techniques.
Trend 2: Omnichannel Strategy
While selling your products exclusively on Amazon isn’t a good idea for brand visibility, it is a great way to increase profits. If you target a variety of platforms, you’ll be able to attract more customers. Omnichannel retail refers to distributing your products via several channels, such as social media, marketplaces, physical stores, and other options. Putting items on all significant platforms has a big impact on their online presence.
Trend 3: AR/VR Experience
In 2022, AR/VR retail experiences will be the norm. Virtual fitting rooms, enhanced in-store AR navigation, and other AR experiences are becoming more widely available, and those that do not have them are falling behind. This is one of the most significant technological breakthroughs in bridging the gap between digital eCommerce and brick-and-mortar shopping. Businesses that want to get into AR/VR can hire dedicated developers to take advantage of the new trend.
Trend 4: Voice Search
Voice assistants like “Ok Google,” “Amazon’s Alexa,” and “Apple’s Siri” are becoming increasingly popular. More individuals will utilize this technology in the future, and they will develop accustomed to purchasing goods using it. Consumers, particularly multitaskers, will benefit from ordering things through smart speakers because they will shop hands-free and efficiently. Making voice assistants completely stable and usable worldwide will take some time. However, eCommerce companies will likely want to include speech technology into their purchasing process when we get there.
Trend 5: Mobile Apps
Providing a consistent and smooth mobile shopping experience for online sellers should be a top priority. Because web page load tolerance decreases year after year, businesses should either offer mobile-friendly, responsive web pages or develop mobile applications for their stores. A mobile application guide will assist companies in creating tailored experiences and providing support during sales.
Trend 6: ML-Powered Demand Forecasting
Demand forecasting enabled by machine learning took off as a way to change to meet the requirements of the public during the pandemic. Amazon is another example of a company that uses machine learning to achieve this goal. This technology can benefit from inventory planning, customer and supplier relationship management, logistics, manufacturing, and marketing.
Trend 7: Video Marketing
With so much competition for attention these days, standing out online has gotten increasingly challenging. The growth of social media platforms that focus on short-form video has paved the road for video marketing to become a viable medium for reaching audiences. Instagram is primarily a social networking platform, but it is also a highly effective e-commerce platform for large and small enterprises. Instagram Reels now has the shopping features that we’ve grown accustomed to on the site, allowing content creators and online businesses to tag the products that appear in the video.
Trend 8: Livestreaming
Over the years 2020 and 2021, live streaming has become increasingly popular. Consumers who cannot leave their homes found live streaming to be an engaging method to engage when shopping online. Consumers watched celebrities and influencers host entertaining shows on various themes to sell products.
Here are Why Customer Experience Matters:
- 84% of individuals feel that the experience given by a business is equally significant to the product or service they’re using.
- After just one unpleasant experience, one out of every three consumers will leave a brand they adore.
- A good brand experience is more influential than outstanding advertising for 65% of US buyers.
- 53% of consumers believe brands fall short of their expectations regarding customer service.
- In the UK, two-thirds of consumers can’t remember the last time a brand experience exceeded their expectations.
- If they have just one bad experience, 76% of individuals will switch to a competitor.
We at Dash understand that not every retail trend is worth pursuing. While some of them may be pretty valuable to your organization, others may be ineffective at best and perhaps damaging at worst.
Therefore, if you’re unsure which trend to follow or which technology would perform best for your organization, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Our experts have extensive experience with retail software development services. They can help you start your journey to innovation for the future success of your retail business!
We’re technology experts with a passion for bringing concepts to life. By leveraging a unique, consultative process and an agile development approach, we translate business challenges into technology solutions.
- App Development (14)
- AR/VR (3)
- Artificial Intelligence (45)
- AWS (1)
- Block Chain (3)
- Digital Marketing (3)
- Dot Net (3)
- E-commerce (1)
- Enterprise Mobility (4)
- Healthcare (23)
- Internet of Things (7)
- Machine Learning (16)
- Magento (3)
- Manufacturing (6)
- Medical Device (9)
- Mobile App Development (27)
- Real Estate (3)
- Retail (5)
- RPA (2)
- Software Development (10)
- Startup Dash (5)
- Technology (15)
- Uncategorized (1)
- Web App Development (2)
- World (1)
- Swift vs. Flutter: Which is Best for iOS App Development in 2022?
- Business Intelligence App Development: Benefits to Optimize Modern Businesses
- Things to Consider While Choosing a Software Development Team
- Blockchain Application Development: Things You Should Know
- Things to Consider Before Integrating AR/VR Into Your Real Estate Business
- How Software Development Revolutionizes the Healthcare Sector
- Agile Vs Scrum Vs DevOps: How They Are Different?
- How to Hire a Mobile App Development Company in the USA
- How Has AI Changed the Course of Mobile Application Development?
- Healthcare App Development Trends 2023 & What Technology Will Rule Across MedTech